Friday, July 28, 2006

Wrong Wrong Wrong

In the heat of emotional debate it is easy to be misunderstood, or misinterpreted, deliberately or otherwise.

Let me be clear on a couple of key points:

I abhor Israel’s actions against Lebanon, the ‘coalition of the willing’s’ adventure into Iraq and any number of ill conceived interventions.

I abhor the terrorist concept of retaliation against perceived enemies, which do not target the actual enemy but innocent proxies – soft targets.

Both groups can justify their destructive aggression until the cows come home, and it is still wrong!

That I generally aim criticism at the defined military aggressors it is because they have many better ways of dealing with the menace of rogue groups, methods which would be more likely to elicit wider public support against a common threat.

Let’s be clear, we are all subject to the threat, thanks largely to the woeful strategic planning of the, notionally, US led military approach.

That the motives of those administrations who are part of this ill-founded, aggression have been constantly been shown to be doubtful does not engender any great trust.

What can you say about terrorists, regardless of the underlying stimulus for their madness, but they are WRONG WRONG WRONG!

My one great problem is that the same plaintive cry must be directed at that US led group of countries too. They are wrong in so many ways.

There can be no glory in watching Israel losing its tenuous grip in the Middle East because of blind arrogance which refuses to understand the dynamics of the whole situation.

There can be no glory in watching the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan sink to new lows, essentially loss of control, because the underlying motives for those adventures were false.

There is most certainly no glory in watching the ranks of terrorism, sympathies for terrorism grow because the US led adventure has got the whole picture so wrong.

For goodness sake, I would put up with a lifetime of George W’s, John Howards and Tony Blairs if it meant that we weren’t flushing our world, not to mention wellbeing, down the plug hole.

But these crooks aren’t content with having power, they want it all. It is a dangerous game of poker by those who control most of the chips to own them all.

The sad part is that if they succeed the world they will have created would be no more worth living in for them as it would for the rest of us. Let’s face it, when you control everything where else does your manic , acquisitive drive take you?

6 comments:

Reality-Based Educator said...

cartledge, we must destroy freedom in order to save it. I can't understand why you can't comprehend this simplr fact. Not stop bitching, say yuor allegiance to the Great God Cheney and be thankful you're not in Gitmo yet as non-combatant detainee.

BTW, did you see over at dusty's bliog that the DOJ came around for a visit. Cuz Dusty's a terrorist, you know?

What a scary fucking time we live in. Scarier than the Nixon years, I think, because technology is so much better for the Big Brother gov't to use against us.

Reality-Based Educator said...

Oops, sorry for the above typos! Sometimes I get excited and hit "login and Publish" before I give it a read through!

Cartledge said...

LOL, that makes two of us.
But yes, I did see Dusty's comment on DOJ. I'm still pissed off that the and the military et al still only come to my GP Daily site to get the latest gossip on the Italian royal scandal. Bugger! I try hard to inflame, and just get the slackers.

On the Nixon years, I agree. I was there as a teen. I absorbed Time and Newsweek constantly, fascinated by the political aberrations.
Even Vietnam and the 'cold war' were never as scary as the current situation. That’s why I keep drifting off on things like economics, I can deal with that aspect calmly, the rest of it is far too real and frightening.

BTW, I think I upset NYE over the Israel comments. A shame because we should be able to disagree without too much hurt.

Reality-Based Educator said...

NYC Educator's a good guy and a real adult. I don't think he was hurt by the difference of opinion, cartledge. I think he just decided to "agree to disagree" and let it go at that. He'll be back.

BTW, great posts on economic liberalism these past few days.

Praguetwin said...

Let’s face it, when you control everything where else does your manic , acquisitive drive take you?

Yea, I guess it is pretty much hookers and cocaine from there. :)

Cartledge said...

Thanks, when romunov suggested some more info I floundered a bit. But as they say - don't get me started.
Now our little slavic friend has been absent collecting flowers, but I'm sure he'll catch up.