Saturday, July 15, 2006

Europe will be overjoyed

Bush has nominated an army general who currently oversees “war on terror” detention operations at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to the post of Supreme Allied Commander Europe.

If confirmed by the Senate, U.S. Army Gen. Bantz Craddock will succeed U.S. Marine Corps Gen. James Jones as commander of U.S. forces in Europe, as well as NATO, which has approved his nomination.

Excuse the sardonic headline. Whether it is blind arrogance or stupidity, I don’t know. But given the heat in Europe over US treatment of detainees, it doesn’t sound like a bright move.

5 comments:

pissed off patricia said...

His next bright move will be his first bright move. So far his score is zero in the bright move department.

Sometimes I think he actually tries to make things worse, no body is that stupid accidentally.

Cartledge said...

Good old froggy. And thanks for stopping by PP. Unfortunately I agree.

Snave said...

Right on, PoP. Brightness, like swiftness, is not a Bush forte.

Good blog, Cartledge. I will visit you more often!

Anonymous said...

Whether it is blind arrogance or stupidity, I don’t know.

With this administration, it doesn't have to be one or the other. It's both.

Cartledge said...

abi, I'm reluctant, as ever, to throw unqualified stones at your admin. But yes, I agree.

snave, ty. I seem to be close to wallowing in the 'sloughs of despond' lately. It is my intellegent and critical blog friends who keep me disciplined.
And I love the positive feedback :)