Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Moderation Back On!

With a few distractions buzzing around at the moment, and with respect for regular visitors and commenters, I switched off comment moderation.

It always seems anal anyway, and I am willing to put up with the crap which usually comes with anonymous postings.

Unfortunately the stream of span restarted, I forgot about that. I switched back to moderating purely because I refuse to be a free advertising board for these bastards who rarely even offer anything worth the space.

It was worth a try, and sorry to the rest of you. If anyone has something of genuine value to advertise I will always consider it, but never spammer junk!

5 comments:

Praguetwin said...

Won't word verification eliminate most of the spam?

Cartledge said...

Alas not, I left that functioning. Apparently these arseholes get paid to physically load the junk onto blogs.
I’ve had a lot on the GP news site as well, but I can edit those. I’ve been changing their links to my own, which seems to have dissuaded a few. Funny thing is my hits have skyrocketed in the process.  I wonder if I’ve inadvertently become a spammer?

Anonymous said...

That's the price you pay for having high load. Us at the bottom don't face such dilemmas. :D

Cartledge said...

I just talk a lot!

Praguetwin said...

Sorry to hear that doesn't work. Guys like us don't have such problems.