Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ramming the Spam

These arsehole spammers are really getting up my nose. If they want to advertise they should pay for it like everyone else! I’m receiving a half dozen or more of these posts a day. If anyone has ideas of how to combat the idiots I’d like to hear it. I’m loath to waste time attacking them, but I will if it persists.

They should also learn correct grammar. But two messages for them, first in their own inept format:


Here are some links that I believe will be interested


Second, here are the rules for posting comments on this site. Any comment which breaches those rules will be removed.

I leave comments unmoderated out of respect for my real visitors. That means I get extremely pissed off at changing settings to delete spam. Get me pissed off enough and I will attack!

Rules for posting comments.


This is not a free advertising board. Spam ads will be deleted. Better still, don't post them.

Gratuitous insults and moronic comments will be deleted.

If you wish to join the discussion, but are unsure of the guidelines check HERE - A word to Anons

4 comments:

Lew Scannon said...

Oh, I see your problem-no word verification. I had similar problems until I added it. And I was getting some very inappropriate spam.

Cartledge said...

I'm considering putting it back, but reluctantly.
I just think it is an afront to intellegent posters.

Reality-Based Educator said...

I have the word verification on mine and it seemed to cut down on the spam. Still, I occasionally get a dissertation on the Quran or other clearly spammified comments.

Cartledge said...

RBE, these paid advertising spammers seem to have taken to my site.
I've finally locked them off the GP Daily site where I was getting robot flood attacks.
This lot might just be payback. But I hope when whoever pays them to do it reduces their payout when they find the claimed links are not posted.
Obviously these hits aren't robots because I use the word verification too.
But I've given in and put moderation back on. I can just reject them from the notification email.